This handbook was compiled, edited and formatted by staff of the Rebus Community, including Elizabeth Mays, Zoe Wake Hyde and Apurva Ashok.
It features essays by Open Pedagogy practitioners Robin DeRosa, director of interdisciplinary studies at Plymouth State University; Rajiv Jhangiani, University Teaching Fellow in Open Studies at Kwantlen Polytechnic University; Timothy Robbins, assistant professor of English at Graceland University; and David Squires, visiting assistant professor at Washington State University; sample assignments from Anna Andrzejewski, art history professor and director of graduate studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Julie Ward, assistant professor of 20th and 21st-century Latin American literature at University of Oklahoma; and Timothy Robbins; as well as the voices of many other faculty and students engaged in open textbook projects. Among them:
- Alice Barrett, student at University of Oklahoma
- Samara Burns, student at University of Calgary
- Amanda Coolidge, senior manager of Open Education at BCcampus
- Gabriel Higginbotham, recent-former student at Open Oregon State
- Matthew Moore, student at Graceland University
- Maxwell Nicholson, student at University of Victoria
- Steel Wagstaff, instructional technology consultant at UW-Madison
We are grateful to all who contributed to this project.
If you would like to add to this guide for an expanded, second edition, please volunteer to add your voice to the project in the Rebus Community platform.
- "Guide to Making Open Textbooks With Students" https://www.rebus.community/t/project-summary-guide-to-making-open-textbooks-with-students/512. ↵